Travel Warnings and Alerts are issued when a long-term, protracted condition makes a country dangerous or unstable and leads the U.S. State Department to recommend that Americans avoid or consider the risk of travel to that country. They are also issued when the U.S. Government's ability to assist American citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate or because of a draw-down of its staff.
Below please find helpful links to individual continent/country/region travel warnings and alerts, as well as official travel sites to assist with the latest up to date information regarding your international destination.
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Passports & International Travel
- USA.gov International Travel Warnings
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, & Diplomatic Missions
- U.S. Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- CDC Travelers' Health
- WHO International Travel & Health
- OSAC Bureau of Diplomatic Security
- Gov.UK European Travel Information
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories
- Safe Travel New Zealand
- Smart Traveller Australia
- Department of Foreign Affairs Ireland
- Project Visa by Country