Will I get an ID card?

Yes, you will receive an electronic PDF version of your insurance ID card immediately by email.

When will I get my documents?

When applying online, you will receive all your insurance documents, including your ID card and receipt of purchase, immediately by email. These documents can be printed out as proof of coverage.

What is my Member ID?

Your member ID is the number that begins with a 999 or 980. This is your unique number that we can look up your policy details with.

My plan has expired, how can I reinstate it?

*** Once a plan has expired or lapsed, it cannot be reinstated. ***
You can instead purchase a new plan and begin coverage as soon as the same day.

Please click here to apply online again.

What is a Deductible?

The deductible is the amount you are required to pay to the doctor or hospital before the insurance company will pay toward your eligible expenses.

What is a Copay?

This is the amount of out of pocket expenses that you must pay the doctor, clinic, or hospital for each visit.

What is Coinsurance?

After the deductible, coinsurance applies to your benefits, and this is the cost sharing between you and the insurance plan. This is typically referred to as a percentage that the plan will pay, for example if there is 80% coverage — the insurance plan will pay 80% and you will need to pay the remaining 20%.

What is an Explanation of Benefits?

An Explanation of Benefits, or EOB, is a form you will receive online if you visit a provider. It shows the charges, discounts, and any amount that is still owed. You will also receive an email that your EOB is available online to review. An EOB is not a bill.

What is Pre-authorization?

Pre-authorization is a process by which an Insured Person obtains written approval for certain medical procedures or treatments prior to the commencement of the proposed medical treatment. Your policy also states certain requirements regarding Pre-authorizations. To find out who to contact for preauthorization or verification of benefits you can look on your ID card or call a Trawick International representative at 888-301-9289.

What are the benefits of Preauthorization?

The Pre-authorization is an added service to our members and includes the following benefits:

  • To ensure members receive the maximum benefit available under the policy.
  • To ensure that the services being provided or being requested are medically appropriate for the condition/diagnosis and covered under your policy.
  • To ensure direct billing and avoid the need to pay-and-claim.
  • To obtain discounts under our provider network contracts.

May I purchase insurance if I am already studying outside my home country?

Yes. You may purchase regardless of how long you have been studying outside your home country, as long as you fulfill the eligibility requirements described for that policy.

How soon can coverage begin?

The soonest coverage can begin is the day after purchase.

What should I do if I want to change the policy start date after I have completed my online application?

Please send any corrections to us in writing by email, fax, or submit the request form on the home page. When sending correspondence, please include a daytime phone number and reference your Online Order number or member ID beginning with 999 or 980. Once we process the changes, we will send confirmation and updated documents to your email on file.

How can I correct my name or my dependents name on our policy?

We can correct a name on the policy at any time if we receive a request in writing via email, fax, or the request form on the home page. When sending correspondence, please include a daytime phone number and reference your Online Order number or member ID beginning with 999 or 980. Once we process the changes, we will send confirmation and updated documents to your email on file.

*Please note we cannot change or remove members on an existing policy. You would need to submit a cancellation request via email or fax and submit a new application online.

Can I cancel my policy for a full refund?

Depending on the policy you have purchased you may cancel for a full refund before your policy has gone into effect if you send the request in writing via email, fax or the request form on the home page.

Can I get a discount on this policy or purchase it through someone else for less?

Insurance prices are regulated by the government therefore you cannot find our plans or products anywhere else for a different cost.

Can I purchase coverage for my relatives or friends visiting me?

Yes, the insured member(s) do not have to be the one(s) that fill out the application. You can purchase a travel medical plan for your parents, friends, or relatives if you have the necessary information.

Why do I get an error that states this plan is not available for Domestic Students and/or US Citizens or Green Card holders?

If you are receiving that error, it is because the plan you are trying to purchase is not available for US Citizens or Green Card holders. You must use your address in your home country, even if you are already living in the US.

Who can I contact to complete the waiver my University requires?

If your school requires a waiver to be completed to opt out of coverage you can email info@trawickinternational.com your waiver and member ID beginning with 999 or 980. These can typically be completed the day of or the following day. Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm CST.

How do I add my spouse or child to my existing policy?

We cannot add anyone to an existing policy. However, you can purchase a separate policy for them, as the coverage and cost are the same whether you purchase together or separate.

Is there a cancellation fee?

Yes, if it is a cancellable policy that is already in effect there is a $25 cancellation fee. If there are no claims, we would refund the days unused from the date we receive the request in writing minus a $25 cancellation fee.

I submitted my claim form and received a response that asked me to complete a questionnaire for additional information. Why is this questionnaire necessary?

Every claim is unique and during the claim adjudication process it may be determined that additional information is required to process the claim.

Note: Completing the questionnaire thoroughly and returning in a timely manner will avoid delay during processing of your claim.

What if I do not agree with the outcome of a claim or other benefits issues?

First, review your claim outcome and policy to ensure your claim should have been covered. If you still do not agree with the processing decision on a claim or benefit, you can formally appeal this decision through an Appeals Form.

You can find this form here.

If I am ill or have an accident, what should I do?

If this is an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. If that's not the case, and your school has a Student Health Center (SHC), you should go to the SHC. That's your most cost-effective solution. To seek care from another preferred provider, your school may require you to get a referral from the SHC first. Check your plan brochure to see if that applies to you. Of course, if your school does not have a SHC and it's not an emergency, your best option is to search for a preferred provider in the area through the In-Network provider search for your policy.